Help for the Homeless
Losing a home is devastating for anyone. For children and families, homelessness can be terrifying.
People become homeless for many reasons. These include insufficient income, job loss, rent increase or eviction, sudden expenses from illness or accident, reduced government funding or support, and lack of family help. For these and many other reasons, families with children make up 35% of the homeless population—the fastest growing group of people without homes!
We believe that being homeless does not define or describe who you are. It is a circumstance you are going through.
We're here to help you get home again.
Who We Help
- You are a family with at least one child, age 17 or younger.
- A single parent, as well as guardian(s), or grandparent(s) raising a child qualify as a family.
- You are currently homeless or facing homelessness.
- You are drug and alcohol free.
- You have no serious criminal history.
- You are willing to live and work in Longview.
- You are able to work full-time and maintain employment.
- If you are unable to work full-time because of a disability, you may still qualify.
- We can help with job searches and applications if you are currently unemployed.
We are not a typical homeless shelter. We are friendly, caring people who help families during a time of crisis.
We provide temporary shelter in a home-like environment, with warm meals every evening. We help you seek employment, arrange childcare, pay bills that keep you from housing, and save toward a new home.
Call us at (903) 234-8343 to begin the interview process and see if you qualify.
Let's work together to get you back home!